From February to April 2023, Our Watch will deliver a 5-part workshop series focusing on Changing the picture: a national resource to support the prevention of violence against Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their children.
Through the workshops, participants will be supported to begin applying the Changing the picture framework and using an intersectional approach in their practice.
These workshops are for people working in a range of roles, organisations or industries who would like to better understand how to prevent violence against Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their children.
These workshops will be particularly useful for people who have a role designing, administering or evaluating policies, programs and processes in organisations.
The workshops will focus on:
- explaining what primary prevention of violence against women is
- exploring the concept of intersectionality
- setting out, in detail, Our Watch’s model for the prevention of violence against Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, including the drivers of this violence and the essential actions to address these drivers
- hearing from men doing prevention work (Our Watch has put together an all-male panel for one of the workshops).
Registrations are now open. Sessions will be held on:
- Tuesday 7 February 2023 (1–4pm AEDT)
- Tuesday 21 February 2023 (1–4pm AEDT)
- Tuesday 7 March 2023 (1–4pm AEDT)
- Tuesday 21 March 2023 (1–4pm AEDT)
- Tuesday 4 April 2023 (1–2.30pm AEDT)
Please only register if you can attend all 5 workshops.Register here