Aboriginal Legal Rights Movement has joined partnership with Nunga Mi:Minar (Northern Regional Aboriginal Domestic Violence and Family Violence Service) to deliver the HELP A SISTA OUT program.
The program will support the safety and legal needs of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander women and their children in the metropolitan, regional and remote regions of SA.
ALRM will be providing an outreach service in the northern region by setting up an office at Nunga Mi-Minar ensuring the safety and accessibility of services to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander children.
This partnership provides Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their children with:
- Culturally safe and secure services for women and children living in metropolitan, regional and remote areas of South Australia
- Legal education and information about family and domestic violence and how to keep safe
- Applications to the courts for family law, debt and Centrelink problems
- Going to court for you if the Department for Child Protection (DCP) removes your children
- Going to the Tribunal for you if your landlord threatens eviction or is evicting you for debt, rent in arrears, disruption, non-residing or any damages to the house you are renting
- Legal help if there are concerns about the children in your family/kin being cared for and you want to support them
Ph: (08) 8367 6474 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
Ph. 1800 643 222 (Freecall 24/7)