A free interactive workshop exploring the opportunities to improve Intervention Orders
This workshop will:
- share information on advocacy and research on breaches of Intervention Orders in Family and Domestic Violence (FDV) matters in South Australia
- hear from different voices about the challenges and barriers to gaining and using Intervention Orders
- seek opportunities to improve the effectiveness of intervention orders for women who experience violence from men
- Vicki Chapman – Attorney General and Deputy Premier
Panel members include:
- Katrine Hildyard MP – Member for Reynell
- Nicole Stockdale – Solicitor UC Law Centre – Specialist Elder Abuse
- Dr Nada Ibrahim – UniSA Justice and Society
- Dr Michele Jarldorn – UniSA and Seeds of Affinity
- Prof Sarah Wendt – Flinders Uni Social Work
- Gabrielle Canny – Legal Services Commission of SA
- Jennifer Kingwell – Embolden SA
- Marise Karunaratne – Uniting Communities – Therapeutic Counselling
Panel includes Q&A and discussion.
Who should attend?
The workshop is designed for those who interact with the application, enforcement and breach of Intervention Orders.
Speakers are from across the social, legal, political and cultural sectors.Register