Come and work with us at Embolden — SA’s alliance for women’s freedom, equity and respect!
Membership engagement represents an increasingly important focus for Embolden and we have a new opportunity for a Membership Engagement Officer to join our team on a part time, fixed term basis.
Embolden SA Inc is the South Australian peak body lobbying and advocating for the elimination of violence against women. Our members provide services that promote women and their children’s safety and wellbeing, and work to prevent and respond to violence against women. We lobby and advocate for women’s rights to respect, safety and self-determination, and represent providers of specialist services in the domestic, family and sexual violence, and related sectors.
The Membership Engagement Officer is employed by Women’s Safety Services SA (WSSSA) through sub contractual arrangements with Embolden, however is accountable to the Embolden Executive (the Executive).
The Membership Engagement Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and delivery of Embolden’s membership program and will perform the following duties:
- Write, edit, and publish content for our membership audiences
- Maintain membership databases, distribution lists and other records
- Maintain and develop relationships with members
- Provide effective administrative support and coordination
What you need:
Only applicants meeting the following essential criteria will be considered:
- Experience working in membership and/or community engagement programs
- Understanding of the gendered nature of violence against women in the community
- Strong administration skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- A talent to build relationships and contribute to a team
- High level time management and organisational skills
- Proficiency in the use of IT, social media, and communication systems
Benefits of joining WSSSA
- Participate in Rewarding Work
- Supportive environment
- Salary sacrifice options & generous benefits
- Discover Wellness Program
Submit your application via the Women’s Safety Services SA careers page.
Include a cover letter with your resume, addressing the person specification within the position description.
Note, applicants who do not apply via the WSSSA career page or respond to the person specification will not be further considered.
Inquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 29 August 2021
WSSSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to building our strengths through a diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants, applicants of culturally diverse backgrounds, those with disability, and gender diverse applicants are strongly encouraged apply.